When searching for child care it’s best to begin by identifying your child’s needs as well as your family’s needs. Begin by asking yourself a few questions.
Think about your child’s needs
- What is the temperament of my child?
- What kind of environment will help my child thrive?
- If you have a schoolage child, what are her/his interests?
- Does my child have any special needs that should be considered?
Now, focus on your family’s needs
- How much care do I need? What days and hours?
- Does location of care play a key role in our decision? Do I want a child care facility close to my home or close to my work?
- What are our family’s budget considerations for care?
- What types of financial resources may be available to help our family afford child care?