What are the foundational beliefs of CCSA's Technical Assistance (TA)?
We recognize the individual needs and goals of child care programs and tailor our services to meet the unique aspects of each site. We use a partnership approach to program change by building strong working relationships with our providers. We are committed to using research based teaching practices to improve early education settings. We also believe that sustained program quality requires ongoing professional development and seek to connect early childhood professionals with resources to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Why Enroll in TA?
- Achieve the highest quality care and education for children
- Explore developmentally appropriate practices
- Focus on teaching and learning
- Access a team of early childhood experts
- Support your teachers and program staff members
- Improve communication skills to work with families
- Create the environment for early learning
- Successfully navigate the NC Quality Rated License and achieve 5 stars and beyond!
Technical Assistance includes:
- Professional development planning
- On-site consultation, teacher coaching and classroom demonstration
- Access to a variety of early childhood resources
- Assistance with national accreditation
- Assistance with assessment tools (i.e. environment rating scales)
- On-site, individualized training
- Help with curriculum planning and implementation
- Assistance with classroom enhancement and design (includes indoor and outdoor learning environments)
What does it cost?
Your time and commitment to quality improvement is the only cost. This is a free service. TA services are funded through a variety of sources which include the NC Division of Child Development and Early Education, Durham's Partnership for Children, Orange County Partnership for Young Children, and United Way of the Greater Triangle.
Is your program eligible?
Yes, if you:
- Are located in Durham, Orange or Wake County
- Serve children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- Are currently licensed or plan to get licensed through the North Carolina Rated License
Technical Assistance Interest Applications:
Durham County TA Application
Orange County TA Application
Wake County TA Application
To Learn More, call 919-403-6950 or email email@example.com