Determine eligibility for child care scholarship programs administered by CCSA, connect families to other programs for which they may have eligibility and help those families find appropriate, high quality child care, especially serving as a communication link between Spanish-speaking families and their child care providers or community resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner
- Educate scholarship applicants about program policies and procedures
- Assess eligibility for child care scholarships through screening sessions and document review and research in order to finalize decisions on eligibility
- Performing case management on assigned caseload, by gathering required applicant information and data entry of applicant and child care program information into database, processing recertification, and making changes submitted by applicant.
- Write and/or generate notification letters to scholarship recipients
- Communicate with potential scholarship applicants to enter, maintain, and update their information for the scholarship waiting list
- Support families in applying for and accessing a variety of public preschool programs, by completing care plans to ensure proper reimbursement for approved families
- Assist public preschool families with before or after school wrap care through the scholarship standards
- Complete individual child developmental assessments, using the modified Dial-4 tool or other authorized format, as a component of the family application for Durham PreK
- Educate families about the NC Quality Rated License and use the WLS database to access information about available licensed child care
- Provide high quality consultations and customized referrals face-to-face or by phone, to consumers in identifying, locating, and evaluating quality early education programs and community resources based on consumer needs and requests
- Provide tax information relevant to a family’s income level
- Represent CCSA and the Family Support Department as directed at fairs and other outreach events
- Perform other tasks as assigned by CCSA leadership.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Ability to complete training to perform child level assessments using research based tool
- Computer experience; knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn database system
- Attention to detail with ability to accurately handle large volume of administrative work
- Computer, data entry skills, telephone skills, and the ability to use common office equipment, such as copy machine, fax machine and postage machine
- Strong organizational skills as well as flexibility
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood/ Child Development or related human services.
- A minimum of two years’ experience working directly with families and children.
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work.
- May work in shared space.
CCSA has a generous benefits package. Permanent employees that work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer contribution to 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid annual and sick leave
- 15 paid days of holiday leave
- Paid child Involvement Leave
- Paid discretionary leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care Tuition payments
- And more…
CCSA also offers many fringe benefits. Some of the fringe benefits include:
- Commitment to diversity and equity
- Casual dress work environment
- Hybrid work schedules / flexible schedules
- Direct deposit
- Standing and emergency payroll advances
- Child Care Referral assistance
- And more…
CCSA has been awarded Living Wage Employer Certifications in Orange and Durham Counties, and is a Family Forward NC Certified Employer.
Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check. CCSA is no longer requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for employment due to the fact that there is significantly less risk of severe illness. However, CCSA strongly recommends that employees receive this vaccination in order to minimize the risk of infections in our workplace.
|Division||Child Care Resource & Referral|
|Salary Range||$42,840 – $58,671|