The ideal candidate for this position will possess highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills, outstanding organizational skills, strong and demonstrated judgment and tact, the ability to juggle multiple projects and details while driving toward deadlines, and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, intense and dynamic environment. This position supports child care quality improvement initiatives, and will work closely on the expansion of access to preschool services in Durham in addition to resource and referral activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat information on agency clients, employees and advisory committee members in a confidential manner
- Facilitate internal and external communications between staff, committees, advisory councils, funders, community partner agencies and public and private partners
- Track priorities in the work plan for the leadership team to ensure time and attention is focused most effectively
- Manage daily correspondence including writing, transcribing, editing, and proofing e-mails and letters
- Assist with special projects including research and preparation for speaking engagements
- Coordinate meeting logistics
- Write and distribute meeting minutes; communicate decisions and action items to appropriate staff
- Help organize, plan and manage internal and external events, including webinars and training events
- Enroll participants in internal and external events, webinars and trainings
- Assist with coordination of logistics for the annual ASK Conference and other major special events
- Assist with content management and maintenance for websites and other social media platforms
- Fill orders for external and internal requests for information, material and other resources
- Maintain files, due dates, logs and other tracking systems for reports, audits and other items due to or from contracted entities
- Invoice and track payments for fees, program monitoring and technical assistance visits, competency assessments and consultation services
- Perform duties as described in the program manual
- Maintain and update the CCRR contact list
- Send out programmatic materials as appropriate
- Provide direct administrative support to the Sr. Vice President
- Arrange travel for key personnel and/or advisory committee members as requested
- Perform administrative duties as needed by CCRR program staff
- Fluency in Spanish (both verbal and written communication) desired
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, simultaneously lead multiple projects and effectively prioritize time and tasks
- Team player with the proven ability to build strong relationships at all levels of an organization, as well as external constituents
- High level of maturity and empathy
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills with internal and external clients
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail; flexible, collaborative approach to the work
- Strong command of Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to operate typical office machines
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years experience or
- Master’s Degree with 2 years experience
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening or weekend work.
- May work in shared space.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Effective October 18, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
|Job Category||Exempt, Salaried|
|Division||Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)|
|Department||Child Care Resource and Referral (CCRR)|
|Direct Supervisor||Sr. Vice President, Triangle Area Child Care Resource and Referral Services|
|Salary Range||$39,198 - $53,337|