To develop, coordinate and support high quality programs for infants, one and two year olds to support early development and learning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Statewide I/T Project Manager, design a program for infant, one and two year olds in existing early care and education centers, including program requirements and site selection criteria.
- Develop policies and procedures for recruiting and approving participating programs.
- Identify and recruit programs to participate in the Babies First NC Program.
- Provide technical assistance and support to improve the quality of care in selected sites to Babies First NC criteria.
- Authorize purchases for start-up and payments for ongoing services to participating programs.
- Work collaboratively with the regional I/T specialists and other local agencies to identify programs that could apply for the program.
- Coordinate site visits to monitor programs to insure requirements are being met.
- Provide face-to-face and/or web-based support to programs to maintain high quality.
- Work collaboratively with the anchor specialists and regional specialists to meet the needs of the local workforce.
- Work collaboratively with partners including community colleges, CCR&Rs and Smart Start Partnerships statewide to identify and support eligible programs.
- Attend meetings and assist with special projects as directed by the project manager.
- Promote awareness of the availability and resources of the state team of infant-toddler regional and anchor specialists to child care providers and intermediary agencies.
- Participate in comprehensive trainings offered for the state infant-toddler team.
- Participate in a project evaluation plan, including data collection and reporting.
- Understand NC licensing and programmatic requirements in the early care and education system in North Carolina.
- Treat all information on CCSA clients, employees or board members in a confidential manner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by CCSA leadership.
- Effective oral, written and electronic communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Computer experience; knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google based components.
- Attention to detail with ability to maintain accurate documentation of activities.
- Ability to prioritize work and travel schedule to balance duties.
- Ability to work well with a diverse client population.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, or related field plus or including at least 12 birth to five focused semester hours; Master’s degree preferred.
- PITC Trainer Certification (Modules I-IV) or ability to achieve certification preferred
- At least three years of experience in working with infants and toddlers and their families or the programs that serve them; two years administrator experience required.
- Experience in the following tasks preferred: project management; developing program policies and procedures; developing and conducting training; developing or conducting web-based training or technical assistance.
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- Extensive travel throughout a local region and some state-wide travel.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- Requires the need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective October 18, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
|Job Category||Exempt, Salaried|
|Division||Systems Research & Development|
|Department||Statewide I/T Project|
|Direct Supervisor||Statewide I/T Project Manager|
|Salary Range||$39,114 - $58,671 ((Please note that both ranges reflect salaries for a full-time employee and must be adjusted for hours fewer than 40)|