Collaborate with the research team on literature reviews, data collection, data analysis and reports about specific topics related to the early childhood workforce, including wage, education and other data. Responsibility for executing the details of research projects including inspiring and motivating others.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct literature reviews or other data research on topics as assigned
• Gather data and information pertinent to specific grants
• Respond to, research and provide clients with data or information pertinent to their needs
• Collect demographics on population served or service recipients
• Facilitate focus groups and interviews as needed for specific grant requirements
• Maintain and update research databases
• Aggregate data for grants and reports
• Analyze data collected for grants and reports
• Create data collection tools
• Draft supporting documentation required for reports to funding sources
• Collaborate on report writing and grant editing as directed
• Assist with recruitment, hiring, evaluating and terminating staff as directed
• Supervise research assistants and temporary employees on projects as assigned
• Motivate and guide the work of research assistants and temporary employees
• Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner
• Develop and oversee new staff orientation and professional development
• Develop strategies to implement and achieve departmental goals and outcomes
• Measure success of achieving departmental goals and outcomes
• Participate in agency committees/meeting
• Perform other tasks as assigned by agency leadership
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Data entry, data management, and quantitative data analysis skills required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software programs, specifically Word and Excel, and Google suite. Knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn FileMaker Pro, and statistical package such as SPSS.
- Knowledge of or interest in analyzing qualitative data.
- Attention to detail with ability to accurately handle large volume of data on multiple projects at once
- Ability to supervise temporary staff as directed
- Ability to work independently, and receive/offer constructive feedback.
- Value CCSA’s vision that “all children have equitable access to affordable, high quality early care and education to lay the foundation for successful life outcomes”
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Early Childhood, Social Work, Public Policy, Public Administration, Education or related field with demonstrated interest in policy analysis or action-oriented research OR Bachelor’s Degree in above field with at least 2 years of experience in data management, policy analysis, survey research or other action-oriented research
- 1-2-year experience related to the job duties and responsibilities preferred
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at their disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- May require some travel including local, state-wide and national
- May work in shared space
CCSA has a generous benefits package. Permanent employees that work at least 20 hours per week are eligible for benefits. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employer contribution to 401k Retirement Plan
- Paid annual and sick leave
- 15 paid days of holiday leave
- Paid child Involvement Leave
- Paid discretionary leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Child Care Tuition payments
- And more…
CCSA also offers many fringe benefits. Some of the fringe benefits include:
- Commitment to diversity and equity
- Casual dress work environment
- Hybrid work schedules / flexible schedules
- Direct deposit
- Standing and emergency payroll advances
- Child Care Referral assistance
- And more…
CCSA has been awarded Living Wage Employer Certifications in Orange and Durham Counties, and is a Family Forward NC Certified Employer.
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to hr @childcareservices.org
Employment is contingent upon passing a criminal background check. CCSA is no longer requiring the COVID-19 vaccine for employment due to the fact that there is significantly less risk of severe illness. However, CCSA strongly recommends that employees receive this vaccination in order to minimize the risk of infections in our workplace.
|Division||Systems, Research and Development|
|Salary Range||$41,942 - $58,671|