Perform as a case manager for an average of 300+ scholarship recipients within an assigned North Carolina service area funded through the T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Scholarship Program. This position will execute key responsibilities of the scholarship program by reviewing applicant information and processing according to requirements and guidelines, managing and maintaining recipient and sponsor records, recruiting eligible recipients and sponsors, advising and providing information regarding available scholarships
Duties and Responsibilities
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner
- Inform and recruit potential participants in a given service area by mail, email phone and through various methods of outreach (including virtual and face to face presentations to various types of early education audiences
- Review scholarship recipient activity and update recipient/sponsor records and information
- Provide detail- oriented case management to an assigned group of scholarship recipients, sponsors and colleges
- Track wage progression and notify recipients/sponsors of raises and/or bonuses
- Authorize charge approvals for approved scholarship costs and expenses
- Review and process scholarship applications against eligibility requirements
- Answer questions and present scholarship program information to licensed child care facilities and other early education focused organizations
- Explain program practices, policies and procedures to program participants as needed
- Collect and maintain necessary data for reporting purposes
- Enter applicant and child care program information into database, update as needed and verify accuracy on a regular basis
- Track and process various types of scholarship payments
- Communicate regularly with scholarship recipients and sponsoring programs
- Perform other tasks, including committee engagement as assigned by the agency and division leadership
- Comply with existing protocols needed to support and maintain existing filing systems
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Computer experience; knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn FileMaker Pro, Virtual platforms including ZOOM, Webex and Microsoft Teams
- Attention to detail with ability to perform various complex administrative tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to understand office systems and procedures and to critically analyze situations guided by an understanding of policies and procedures.
- Must deliver quality customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently within a team environment and effectively problem-solve while applying key concepts outlined in the scholarship program’s procedural and policy manual.
- Must have prior data entry experience
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills, and the ability to multitask while working independently, sometimes remotely.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development, Sociology, Social Work, or Psychology
- Minimum two-years of direct service experience in a licensed early childhood program or performing an approved role within a human services organization i.e. Social Worker or Case Management Specialist with Department of Social Services
- Familiarity with or the ability to learn about North Carolina’s ECE Higher Education System while focusing on community colleges and universities that administer programs of study in early childhood education and child development
Special Working Requirements
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage; reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion
- Must be able to manipulate and operate office supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect
- May require need for flexible schedules, including occasional evening and weekend work
- Must adhere to established health and safety protocols when onsite at CCSA’s physical office locations
- Must work within assigned office space when onsite
- May perform in state travel unless event is conducted virtually
- Must have internet access at in home residence to support remote work arrangements as necessary and determined by the agency and supervisor
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Effective October 18, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
|Job Category||Non-Exempt, Salaried|
|Division||Professional Development Initiatives Initiatives|
|Department||T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® NC • Scholarship Program|
|Direct Supervisor||T.E.A.C.H. Manager|
|Salary Range||$39,198 - $53,337 (Please note that both ranges reflect salaries for a full-time employee and must be adjusted for hours fewer than 40.)|