Act as a case manager for Child & Adult Care Food Program by reviewing and processing applications, claims and payments using the eligibility requirements, policies and procedures of the nutrition program to promote an interest in nutrition, commitment to meeting children’s nutritional needs and an understanding of nutrition’s impact on child development. This position also performs outreach and recruitment ensuring proper utilization of services and resources of CCSA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monthly claims
- Review attendance, meal counts, and assess expiration of income eligibility
- Review receipts, menus, recipes, milk reconciliation, meal delivery tickets and other pertinent documentation
- File maintenance
- Collect, review and update all files in Excel and FileMaker Pro.
- Make determination for tier levels and program eligibility for sponsorship by reviewing national disqualified listing
- Review Enrollment forms, Income Eligibility Forms and Medical Statements
- Meal Pattern and Meal Preparation
- Review and assess meal patterns and calculation of food components
- Review Food Buying Guide for USDA Regulations for purchases, combination foods
- Review and calculate milk and nondairy requirements
- On-site Monitoring for compliance (Conduct activities related to monitoring functions of the child care facilities participants)
- Maintain scheduling of monitoring visits as reflected in CCSA Management Plan.
- Provide monthly on-site monitoring compliance visits to facilities (homes and centers).
- Assess meal preparation, meal counts, program documentation
- Provide technical assistance on nutrition topics and issues and corrective actions
- Review financial records as it relates to income and expenditures
- General Duties
- Recruit participants through outreach activities (phone, email, social media).
- Assist in creating and distributing written communication to state office and to clients.
- Provide phone coverage and daily technical assistance to clients concerning compliance policies and procedures to ensure efficiency in participation in CACFP.
- Assist team members with internal and onsite state audit and renewal processes.
- Attend and/or complete annual trainings pertaining to CACFP topics.
- Prepare and distribute quarterly food program newsletters.
- Assist team members in preparing and conducting quarterly and annual trainings to child care facility personnel.
- Participate in various agency-sponsored events and represent CCSA in a professional manner.
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by agency leadership.
Requires Associate or Bachelor’s degree
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with clients to meet their needs.
- Computer experience in Excel, Word and extensive data entry; Knowledge of or demonstrated
Covid-19 Vaccination proof is required. To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Department||Child & Adult Care Food Program|
|Supervisor||Coordinator, Child & Adult Care Food Program|
|Service Area||Durham, Orange, Wake Counties|
|Hours Per Week||40|