Assist in the preparation and packaging of food, kitchen cleaning/maintenance, and delivery if necessary
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare foods by following a recipe and perform basic math computations to size the recipe and portion.
- Portion out prepared food and pack for delivery
- Deliver food items, if necessary
- Answer the phone and speak to customers (child care providers); assist customers picking up food
- Put stock away, and help with shopping if necessary
- Clean the kitchen area (wash pots and pans, operate a dishwasher, clean work tables, shelves, sinks and refrigerators, clean and sanitize delivery equipment, remove trash and recycling, sweep and mop the floor)
- Maintain Health Department Standards during food preparation, storage and kitchen maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by agency leadership
- Treat information on CCSA clients, staff or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Ability to maintain regular working hours, be prompt and dependable
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Ability to follow directions, but initiate a task when it is clear that the next step should be taken
- Ability to stand for 4-8 hours at a time, and the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally, 20 to 40 pounds several times a day, and use hands to operate equipment, utensils and other implements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma with one year kitchen experience
- Current TB test (renewed annually); Hepatitis B
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Practice of good health and hygiene habits
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
Apply To This Position:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Service Area||Durham / Wake/ Chapel Hill|
|Hours Per Week||30|
|Direct Supervisor||Nutrition Services Sr. Manager|