To be eligible, applicants must…
- Work in a participating/funded county
- Earn at or below the income cap ($15, $17, or $19) selected by your local Smart Start partnership
- Work with children ages birth to five
- Work at least 10 hours per week
- Work in a licensed child care program
- Have a level of education appearing on the Child Care WAGE$® Supplement Scale
Below is a list of participating counties in North Carolina. Not in N.C.? The Child Care WAGE$® Program can be licensed in other states.
If you don’t see your county listed, contact your local Smart Start Partnership for Children. If they are interested in participating, they may call 919-967-3272 for more information.
Ready to apply? We’re happy to help you through the application process.
Have eligibility questions? We can help!
Still unsure if you’re eligible? Call a WAGE$ counselor at 919-967-3272. We are available by phone Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. When calling please reference WAGE$. If you are a current participant please also mention the county in which you work. You can also send us a message online.