To be eligible for at least one six-month payment during the fiscal year, applicants must:
- Work at least 35 hours per week with infants, ones or twos.
- Work in a center or home in North Carolina with at least three stars.
- Earn at or below $19/hour.
- Have one of the education levels listed on the AWARD$ Salary Supplement Scale (from regionally accredited schools) (versión en Español).
- Work at least six months in the same child care program.
- Be employed at this same child care program when funding is available and a final confirmation has been completed.
Apply for AWARD$
If you qualify for AWARD$ and are ready to begin your application process, we’re ready to help!