Meal Service Program Supervisor
Chapel Hill, NC, Durham, NC, Raleigh, NC
Posted 10 months ago
Prepare meals and snacks for child care centers and supervise the Prep Cook/Assistant for CCSA’s spoonFULL program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare meals and snacks for young children enrolled in child care programs that contract with the spoonFULL program.
- Oversee kitchen operations and manage staff as they prepare and package breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Coordinate production schedule and staffing.
- Oversee execution of recipes to assure compliance with Child & Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) Meal Patterns.
- Oversee preparation of special diet meals.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Manager of spoonFULL on recipes and inventory to insure consistency and quality of product throughout the spoonFULL program.
- Maintain food inventory by ordering through CCSA’s approved food purveyors as well as shopping locally at CCSA approved grocery stores.
- Forward all invoices and receipts to CCSA’s accounting office for recording and payment.
- Maintain accurate and timely records including Delivery Receipts, Participation Forms, Daily Meal Production Records, Time Sheets and other forms.
- Oversee cleaning of the kitchen and maintenance of equipment on a daily basis to maintain an “A” sanitation rating.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with child care centers, delivery couriers, vendors etc.
- Treat information of CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Participate in supervisor meetings, and cross-training at all spoonFULL kitchens as needed.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by agency leadership.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
- Dexterity, precision, problem solving, and ability to work without direct supervision.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Two years of technical school or college with a concentration in food service preferred
- Six years of food service experience; prefer food service management experience
- Basic math and computer proficiency required
- Serv Safe accredited or the ability to become accredited within 3 months of employment
- Current TB test
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Effective October 18, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
|Direct Supervisor||Sr. Manager, spoonFULL|
|Salary Range||$39,198 – $53,337 (Please note that both ranges reflect salaries for a full-time employee and must be adjusted for hours fewer than 40.)|