The Prep Cook/Kitchen Assistant works with the Head Cook to prepare food for young children and performs daily kitchen cleanup. Foods must be prepared according to recipes and then portioned and packed for delivery. Health and safety protocols must be followed for preparation, packaging, storage and cleanup. Other duties as assigned are necessary.
Work hours are 6:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. M-F – no nights, weekends or holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare foods by following a recipe and perform basic math computations to size the recipe and portion.
- Portion out prepared food and pack for delivery
- Deliver food items, if necessary
- Answer the phone and speak to customers (child care providers); assist customers picking up food.
- Put stock away, and help with shopping if necessary
- Clean the kitchen area (wash pots and pans, operate a dishwasher, clean work tables, shelves, sinks and refrigerators, clean and sanitize delivery equipment, remove trash and recycling, sweep and mop the floor)
- Maintain Health Department Standards during food preparation, storage and kitchen maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by agency leadership
- Treat information on CCSA clients, staff or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Ability to maintain regular working hours, be prompt and dependable
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Ability to follow directions, but initiate a task when it is clear that the next step should be taken
- Ability to stand for 4-8 hours at a time, and the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally, 20 to 40 pounds several times a day, and use hands to operate equipment, utensils and other implements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma with one year kitchen experience
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- An automobile at his/her disposal; a valid non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage. Reasonable accommodations may be made at agency’s discretion.
- Basic math and knife skills.
- Practice of good health and hygiene habits.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- Current TB test
- Effective October 18, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resumes to email@example.com.
|Job Category||Hourly, Non-Exempt|
|Supervisor||Nutrition Services Sr. Manager|
|Service Area||Durham/Wake/Orange County|
|Hours Per Week||35 Hours|
|Salary||$15.00 per hour|