Manage CCSA’s meal services program, spoonFULL, including the operation of three kitchens (Chapel Hill, Durham and Raleigh) that prepare breakfast, lunch and snacks for young children in local child care centers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the overall service, customer satisfaction and viability of CCSA’s spoonFULL meal services program.
- Engage with all spoonFULL clients (child care centers), including soliciting feedback, fielding customer service issues, recruiting new centers, securing service agreements, etc.
- Monitor the quality of food and service, including food substitutions, as required for individual children, and meal delivery.
- Plan monthly menus for all kitchens, ensuring the menus accommodate the varying needs of each kitchen.
- Directly supervise spoonFULL kitchen supervisors and indirectly supervise all prep cooks, overseeing schedules and daily operations. Serve as a kitchen staff substitute as needed, in all locations and all roles.
- Work with Human Resources and kitchen supervisors (as appropriate) to hire all spoonFULL staff and any needed temps.
- Develop and maintain the spoonFULL budgets and provide regular analysis of program financial performance.
- Negotiate pricing with food service vendors, delivery services, equipment vendors, etc.
- Oversee maintenance of both kitchens and equipment.
- Maintain accurate and timely records including, delivery receipts, food allergy documentation, daily meal production record, time sheets and other necessary forms.
- Work closely with the delivery vendor to ensure that the service and routes conform to the needs of the program.
- Participate in local, regional, and statewide food and nutrition efforts as approved by CCSA (e.g. farm to preschool activities and food security committees).
- Support future program expansion efforts throughout North Carolina, including providing technical assistance to central kitchen startups.
- Treat information on CCSA clients, employees or Board members in a confidential manner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by CCSA leadership.
- Accuracy, problem solving, concentration in an active environment, judgment, initiative (ability to work without direct supervision).
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Four years of technical school or college, with a concentration in food service preferred.
- Six years of food service experience; including food service management experience, supervision, and experience with volume production and scratch cooking.
- Strong math and computer skills, with proficiency in Word and Excel.
SPECIAL WORKING REQUIREMENTS
- An automobile at one’s disposal; a valid, non-suspended NC driver’s license and a current automobile liability policy with continuous coverage.
- Ability to occasionally lift 50 pounds and operate kitchen equipment.
- Current TB test.
- No substantiation or criminal conviction of child abuse or neglect.
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination (two doses on a two-dose vaccine or a one of a single-dose vaccine).
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential responsibilities.
Generous benefits include 15 paid holidays, paid annual and sick leave, health, dental, and vision insurance, and a 401K with an employer contribution.
Effective October 1, 2021, unless prohibited by law, CCSA will require all staff to certify that they are fully vaccinated in order to be employed. Those who cannot get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons can request an accommodation where required by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to HR@childcareservices.org.
|Job Category||Exempt, Salaried|
|Direct Supervisor||Chief Strategy Officer|
|Service Area||Durham/Orange/Wake County|
|Hours Per Week||40|
|Salary Range||$52,060 to $78,091 (Both ranges reflect salaries for a full-time employee and must be adjusted for hours fewer than 40.)|