General Program Information
Child Care Services Association (CCSA), with funds from Durham’s Partnership for Children – a Smart Start Initiative, United Way of the Greater Triangle, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (UNC-CH), the Towns of Chapel Hill and Carrboro, and other private donors, administers a child care scholarship program for families in Durham and Orange Counties, and families affiliated with UNC-CH. The CCSA Scholarship Program provides eligible families with assistance in paying for the cost of child care for children birth to twelve years old. The primary goal of the scholarship program is to provide children with access to high-quality child care.
To receive a CCSA scholarship, parents must be working, looking for work, in school, or unable to work, or have a child with a documented developmental need. Families must meet specific income-eligibility guidelines. Children must be enrolled in licensed child care programs that are willing to work with CCSA’s scholarship program and that have at least a four-star license.
New CCSA Scholarship Providers
Thank you for your interest in participating in Child Care Services Association’s (CCSA) Child Care Scholarship Program!
Please complete our CCSA Scholarship Program Provider Packet. In the packet you will find information about the program and the terms and conditions for participation as a CCSA Scholarship Program Host Site. Please read through all documents carefully.
This packet is designed as a fillable PDF which you can fill out by downloading it to your computer and then typing in the various text boxes. To submit the form, you can save a copy of the PDF once you have finished filling out all of the boxes, and email it to email@example.com. If you prefer, you can also print the PDF to fill it out by hand, and fax it to 919-403-6959 or scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include a copy of a voided check or letter from your financial institution when you submit your completed packet.
Upon submission of the required documents, your program information will be reviewed and processed. If your site is determined to be qualified, it will become active in our system and eligible to host scholarship recipients and receive scholarship payments.
Please Note: Providers are invited to participate in the CCSA Scholarship program when a family with a scholarship would like to use that scholarship at a facility not currently under contract with our CCSA Scholarship Program. Providers may not apply unless a family has selected them. If a provider goes six months without serving a child on scholarship, the provider will become inactive and will need to reapply in order to serve children on CCSA Scholarship again.
Important Reference Documents
As a new provider, please familiarize yourself with these important reference documents which will be helpful as you work with the CCSA Scholarship Program
Current CCSA Scholarship Providers
Below are links to commonly requested CCSA Scholarship forms and documents. Please contact us at 919-403-6950 or email (email@example.com) if you have questions about any of these forms or need additional information.
- Provider Tips & Tools – Handy reference document related to frequently asked questions
- Notice of Scholarship Award Explanation
- Blank Attendance Worksheet
- Attendance Worksheet Reference Guide
- FY24 Scholarship Attendance Worksheet Due Date Calendar
- Current Maximum Reimbursement Rates (effective July 2023)
- Online Tuition Update Form
- Provider Contact Information Update Form
- Explanation of CCSA’s Zix Secure Message System
News and Announcements
2023-2024 Program Year Announcements
2022-2023 Program Year Announcements
- 3/20/23 – IMPORTANT: New Information about Parent Fees and Infant/Toddler Bonus for CCSA Scholarship
- 1/23/23 – IMPORTANT: Parent Fee Payment and Infant/Toddler Bonus Extended for CCSA Scholarship
- 11/21/22 – IMPORTANT: Update about Parent Fees and Infant/Toddler Bonus for CCSA Scholarship
- 07/25/22 – Updated Rates for CCSA Scholarship
- 06/27/22 – Updated Rates and Payment Policy for CCSA Scholarship
- 05/18/22 – Update about July Parent Fees for CCSA Scholarship
2021-2022 Program Year Announcements
- 02/28/22 – Change in Parent Fee Calculation
- 02/24/22 – CCSA Updates regarding DSS vouchers and overage policy reminder
- 02/15/22 – Update about Parent Fees for CCSA Scholarship
- 01/14/22 – Update about January Parent Fees for CCSA Scholarship
- 11/29/21 – CCSA Infant and Toddler Smart Start Scholarship Bonuses
- 11/23/21 – Update about November and December Parent Fees for CCSA Scholarship
- 11/1/21 – Notify CCSA of families transitioning to DSS vouchers
- 10/27/21 – Update about Parent Fees for CCSA Scholarship
- 4/7/21 – Notice regarding email from CCSA